It’s time to put your Porsche knowledge to the test with our electrifying Taycan quiz!
Why not host a virtual quiz night with your Porsche Club Members, to see who will be crowned the King or Queen of electric knowledge. The answers are at the bottom of the page, but if you're testing yourself - no cheating!
Dust off your thinking cap and prepare for a 2021 virtual Porsche challenge.
1. Where is the Taycan being produced?
2. Which music streaming feature has native integration in the Taycan PCM?
b) Apple Music
c) Amazon Music
3. How do you pronounce Taycan?
4. How quickly has the Taycan complete a lap of the Nürburgring-Nordschleife?
a) Twenty minutes and 15 seconds
b) One minute and 6 seconds
c) Seven minutes and 42 seconds
5. Which of these colours was introduced for the first time with the Taycan?
a) Gentian Blue
b) Frozen Blue
c) Sapphire Blue
6. Which aerodynamic aids does the Taycan benefit from?
a) Narrow headlights
b) Power steering
c) Flow through air curtains
7. Which Taycan model is two-wheel drive?
b) Taycan 4s
c) Taycan Turbo
8. The new intelligent Voice Pilot can be easily activated using which phrase?
a) “Hey Porsche”
b) “Hey Taycan”
c) It can be programmed to the individual
9. What factors affect the maximum achievable charging rate at DC stations?
a) Battery temperature
b) State of charge
c) Both of the above
10. The ECONYL carpets in the Taycan are made with which recycled material?
a) Fishing nets
b) Plastic bottles
c) Used tyres
11. What motor technology does the Taycan use?
a) AC induction asynchronous
b) AC permanent magnet synchronous
c) DC permanent magnet synchronous
12. Which of these was not one of the seven new colours released for the Tacyan?
a) Neptune Blue
b) Coffee Beige Metallic
c) Gooseberry Red Metallic
13. How many additional modules does the Performance Battery Plus have vs. the Performance Battery?
14. How much of average every-day braking energy can be recovered using Porsche Recuperation Management?
a) Up to 50%
b) Up to 70%
c) Up to 90%
15. Approximately how much charging of electric vehicles is likely to take place at home?
16. What is the maximum charge rate achievable at a home using the Andersen A2 home charging unit on single-phase power?
17. What are some of the benefits of the Porsche Charging planner?
a) It reduces charging time by preconditioning the battery
b) It reduces overall journey time by planning the most efficient charging stops
c) Both of the above
18. Porsche Middle East and Africa FZE launched the Taycan with a lightshow on which building?
a) Burj Khalifa
b) Burj Al Arab
c) Al Hamra Tower
19. The E-Control functionality within the Porsche Connect App allows customers to do what?
a) Book a car parking space
b) Check current charging status
c) Check traffic on route
20. What did the Taycan set a World Record for this year?
a) Most people in an electric car
1. b) Zuffenhausen
2. b) Apple Music
3. b) Tie-con
4. c) Seven minutes and 42 seconds
5. b) Frozen Blue
6. c) Flow through air curtains
7. a) Taycan
8. a) “Hey Porsche”
9. c) Both
10. a) Fishing nets
11. b) AC permanent magnet synchronous
12. c) Gooseberry Red Metallic
13. b) 5
14. c) up to 90%
15. a) 80%
16. b) 7KW
17. c) Both
18. a) Burj Khalifa
19. b) Check current charging status
20. b) Drifting
*Data determined in accordance with the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) as required by law. You can find more information on WLTP at www.porsche.com/wltp . For Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) range and Equivalent All Electric Range (EAER) figures are determined with the battery fully charged, using a combination of both battery power and fuel.
Values are provided for comparison only. To the extent that fuel and energy consumption or CO₂ values are given as ranges, these do not relate to a single, individual car and do not constitute part of the offer. Optional features and accessories can change relevant vehicle parameters such as weight, rolling resistance and aerodynamics which may result in a change in fuel or energy consumption and CO₂ values. Vehicle loading, topography, weather and traffic conditions, as well as individual driving styles, can all affect the actual fuel consumption, energy consumption, electrical range, and CO₂ emissions of a car.
** Important information about the all-electric Porsche models can be found here